The Kardex Shuttle® XPCrane offers all the same benefits as a mini-load system but with 100% more flexibility, greater scope for future expansion and superior cubic utilisation of space.
The Kardex Shuttle XPcrane Vertical Lift Module (VLM) is an enclosed system of vertically arranged trays, an extraction platform and a series of computerized controls that allow operators to stay in one location while up to millions of items can be delivered automatically (Patent Pending).
This system is comprised of a series of vertical modules with one central crane delivering items to an ergonomically positioned workstation.
KARDEX Shuttle XPcrane VLM can consist of up to 12 single modules and have a storage capacity of 5.200 m² with footprint of only 74 m²
Kardex Shuttle XPcrane VLM –Technical specifications
- Unit heights: up to 14.000 mm
- Unit width: up to 23.000 mm
- Unit depth: 2.971 to 3.124 mm.
- Vertical speed of the extractor: adjustable up to 2, 00 m/s.
- Unit net loads up to 720 tons
- Tray loads up to 500 kg
- Tray widths up to 3050 mm
- Tray depths up to 864 mm
- Tray spacing 25 mm increments
- Up to 6 access openings
Why the Kardex Shuttle XPcrane VLM?
- Saves up to 85% of your floor space – Converts otherwise wasted ceiling height into profit. Providing a storage capacity of 5200 m² in a footprint of only 74 m².
- Reduces labor up to 67% - All items are automatically brought to the operator within seconds, eliminating unproductive walk and search times.
- 100% secure and clean storage – Items are stored within the steel enclosed system.
- Automatically stores trays in 25 mm increments – Optiflex technology combines hardware and controls to dynamically store trays in the smallest space possible.
- Easily stores variable height items – From loose pieces to KTL containers to Euro pallets with maximum storage density in one system.
- 99.99% accuracy levels – Integrated pick-to-light technology (option) automatically informs the operator of the location, description and quantity to pick.
- Personalized ergonomic operation – The trays can be delivered to each operator’s ideal working height.
This high density large volume storage and retrieval system is perfect for manufacturing, distribution, retail and warehouse applications including: spare parts, tools, dies, fixtures, fasteners, maintenance and repair parts, finished goods, raw materials, test equipment, samples, reels, ESD storage, work in progress, buffer storage.
For detailed information please contact your local Kardex office or distributor.